Welcome to this demonstration on otools – Location
With this tool you can assign a specific parameter based on masses in Revit to the objects included in the specific Mass
It is recommended that you create your locations as masses in a linked file.
- Create a new file
- Link the architect model in the file and create Masses that define your areas of the project
Note: tools can ONLY handle rectangular Masses and Mass must not overlap.
- Click Link to display Mass In the link file
- Make a task
- Click Mass in the list
- Select categories to assign a parameter
- Click New Task
- Define parameter
- Choose the tasks you want to Run
- Click on the object and see the results in the OT_Location parameter
- If an object goes across two Masses you can choose Combine and it will write A + B in OT_Location parameter
- To add additional categories to the existing tasks, click on task, select the categories you want to add and click on “Add selected category to task”